Abundant options are available for you to enhance your Las Vegas experience beyond the race!
Half to Full Day Activities around Las Vegas:
- Walk the famed Las Vegas Strip and check out the mega resorts and casinos- perhaps try your hand at craps, blackjack, or roulette.
- Take in a show! Cirque du Soleil offers some of the best!
- Check out the Mob Museum or the National Atomic Testing Museum.
- Indulge in a relaxing spa treatment or relax poolside.
- Visit and tour the Hoover Dam and walk across the newly constructed Pat Tillman Bridge over the Colorado River.
- Rent a boat, jet ski, kayak, or stand-up paddle-board to explore Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
- Hike, rock climb, or leisurely drive at Red Rock National Conservation Area.
- Take in the expansive views of the Grand Canyon West Rim, roughly 2.5 hours away.
- Take a helicopter tour over the Las Vegas Strip or over the Grand Canyon.
- Go sky diving! Or, try Las Vegas’ indoor skydiving or trampoline parks to really get your blood pumping!
- Visit Mt. Charleston, the Mojave Desert’s highest peak at 11,918 feet. Lower elevation hikes (roughly 8000′) are also nearby this mountainous oasis in the northwest of Las Vegas.
Overnight Trips from Las Vegas (can be extended to multi-day):
- Just 2.5 hours away, visit Death Valley National Park, home of Badwater Basin- the lowest point in North America at 282′ below sea level and the starting point of the famous Badwater 135 Ultramarathon. While at Death Valley you can also visit many other sites including Scotty’s Castle, Artist’s Palette, and Mount Whitney.
- Zion National Park in Utah is roughly 3.5 hours away and offers some spectacular hiking and scenic drive opportunities.
- Head to the beaches of Southern California roughly 4-5 hours drive away.
Multi-day/ week extensions:
- Tour of Utah’s National Parks: Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, and Capital Reef.
- Rent a houseboat on Lake Powell.
- Hike, tour, and explore the Grand Canyon’s South Rim, roughly 4 hours away.
- Soak in the healing powers in Sedona, Arizona approximately 4.5 hours away.
The opportunities are endless to augment your V3 Ultra experience! As long time residents of Las Vegas- Calico Racing is happy to assist with your travel itinerary. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist!